Military-deals.com has compiled a list with the most liked and sought-after benefits and discounts – some offer big discounts others even free products and services to both active and retired military personnel and their families! Some of these benefits are well known but most are not widely publicized and thus not known by too many.
Got a VA rating? You can get a free lifetime National Parks Pass
A little-known benefit from the Interior Department gives military veterans with any disability rating from the Department of Veterans Affairs a free lifetime pass to national parks and other recreation areas, as well as discounts on some fees.
The lifetime Access Pass is advertised as available to those who “have been medically determined to have a permanent disability … does not have to be a 100 percent disability.” – A National Parks official confirmed that any veteran with a disability rating from the VA should be able to access it.
“If a veteran has [a] disability paper that states they have a 10 percent disability, etc., the ranger would accept it,” Kathy Kupper, a National Parks spokesperson, said in an email.
Veterans who have been medically determined to have a disability are eligible for the Lifetime Access Pass—with three options for obtaining the pass:
- Order the Access Pass online
- Obtain the pass through mail by filling out a paper application form
- Visit a participating federal recreation site where interagency passes are issued
All U.S. Service members & Veterans who served between 2003 – 2015 and suffer from hearing loss or tinnitus might be entitled to significant financial compensation!
3M knowingly sold the dangerous and defective earplugs CAEv2 (Combat Arms Earplugs) to the U.S. military for more than a decade and paid $9.1 million to the government to resolve DoD’s allegations!
If you suffer from hearing loss or tinnitus and have served between 2003 – 2015, we believe you should be compensated for it as 3M has knowingly provided you with defective earplugs and exposed you to dangerous sound levels while you were relying on them to keep you safe!
Veteran and Military Discounts on Auto Sales!
Are you thinking about buying a new car but overwhelmed by the cost? Many automakers want to show their appreciation for military families by offering special pricing on their vehicles. Whether you’re returning after an overseas tour or you’re just ready for a new car, make sure to take advantage of the military discounts offered by a variety of automakers, both stateside and abroad. As always check in with your local branch and ask for any offered discounts.
- Ford: Ford Motor Company offers military members and their families a $500 Bonus Cash. The offer is good toward the purchase or lease of an eligible new Ford or Lincoln vehicle.
- General Motors: The General Motors Military Discount Program provides eligible participants with the opportunity to purchase or lease new or unused Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac vehicles at a special price at a participating dealer. Many new and unused 2019 and 2018 GM cars, SUVs, crossovers, midsize, pickup trucks and passenger and cargo vans are eligible.
- Harley Davidson: Harley Davidson offers a military discount that includes no down payment, reduced rates and flexible term options designed for active duty military personnel.
- Honda: The Honda Military Appreciation Offer gets you a savings of $500 towards any 2017 or newer Honda vehicle when you finance or lease with Honda Financial Services.
- Hyundai: All active duty, Reservist/National Guard, veteran and retired military personnel will receive an additional $500 off new Hyundai vehicles distributed by Hyundai Motor America.
- Nissan: The exclusive Nissan Military Program helps you save between $500 and $1,000 and can be combined with all current national and regional incentives. Offer is valid active duty military, Reservist, retired military and veterans within 12 months of active duty.
- Subaru: Subaru offers a special discount to active-duty and reserve members, as well as veterans and retirees within 12 months of your date of separation. Once you negotiate your best price with a Subaru retailer, you’ll receive an additional discount of $500. In addition, your price will be further reduced by any applicable zone or regional cash incentives in effect at the time of purchase.
- Toyota: Active duty military, inactive reservists, retirees, veterans discharged within one year, and household members qualify for a $1,000 rebate on eligible Toyota vehicles.
Bonus: Are you or someone you know stationed overseas? There are several programs available to help you purchase a discounted vehicle while you’re abroad.
- BMW: BMW Military Sales is a privilege program designed specifically for US service personnel overseas. This program includes significant savings with military discounts and tax-free purchasing.
- Volvo: Volvo Cars Military Sales offers great benefits for military personnel on a tour overseas, including delivery options, five years free shipping from Europe to the U.S, three years free servicing, four year warranty world-wide, and more.
Servicemember & Veteran Restaurant Discounts
Everyone deserves to enjoy the food they love, and some chains offer discounts not only for active members but also Veterans. Make sure to check in with the restaurant if they participate and what discounts they offer. Also do not forget to bring your Military/Veteran ID.
- Cinnabon: 15% off at participating locations
- Burger King: 10% off at participating locations
- Omaha Steaks: 10% off if you’re part of their Veteran program
- Buffalo Wild Wings: 10% off at participating locations
- Chick-fil-A: 10% off at participating locations
- Texas Steakhouse: 10% off at participating locations
- Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.: 10% off at participating locations
- Hooters: Free Meal for Military & Veterans on Memorial Day
- Greene Turtle: 15% off at participating locations
- Dairy Queen: Up to 50% off
- El Pollo Loco: 15% discount to police officers, firefighters, EMTs, federal law enforcement agents and military personnel
- Hard Rock Café: 15% discount on all food, beverage (non-alcoholic) and retail purchases
- 99 Restaurants: 10% discount everyday at participating locations
- Café Rio: Tuesday – Sunday 25% military discount nationwide
- Arby’s: 10% military discount at participating locations
- Ben & Jerry’s: 15% – 25% discount depending on the shop
- Panda Express: 10% off, discount varies, at participating locations
- Sonic Drive-In: 10% discount at participating locations
Apple Military Discount
Apple Statement: “At Apple we are deeply grateful to the men and women of our armed forces. We’re proud to offer active military and veterans a new dedicated online store with special pricing as an expression of our gratitude for their brave service.”
The Apple Military Discount is a program provided by Apple for active duty, veterans, U.S. Military, National Guard and Reserve and the family members who reside in the same household. The Apple military discount is 10% on most products. Visit the Apple Military Discount Website or visit and order from any U.S. Apple retail store, at an online kiosk. You can go to Apple.com and scroll to the bottom to click on “Shop for Veterans & Military” under the “Government” heading. If you cannot find the information you need online, you may contact the Apple Store Contact Center team at 1-800-MY-APPLE.
The Veterans and Military Purchase Program (“Program”) is a benefit provided by Apple Inc. (“Apple”) to current, and Veteran members of the U.S. Military, National Guard and Reserve. The Program is also offered to their immediate family members who also reside in their same household. This Program is intended for personal use only.