Bosley & Bratch Veterans Education Scholarship
For the Fall 2020 school year, Bosley & Bratch is awarding a $1,000 scholarship to a deserving student who is either a veteran, a child of a military veteran, or active duty. Qualifying participants must author a winning essay in our Annual Scholarship Essay Contest
Complete the application by July 31, 2020.
Write an essay of 800-1000 words abiding by APA formatting answering all the questions in the given prompt.
The winner must provide proof of military service or proof of relationship to a service member.
The winner consents to being featured on our website with a picture and basic information about the applicant.
Pick a topic below and write an essay of 800-1,000 words:
· Think of a military leader whom you admire, and write a letter of gratitude for the influence he or she has had on your life.
· What was the most important lesson you learned from military service (or from someone who served), and how will you apply that in your educational journey?
· Leadership is an important aspect of military service. How does positivity play a role in leadership? Think of some military leaders you admire and write about times when they have responded with positivity in tough situations.
Please include any relevant background information about yourself like the school you plan to attend, and let us know how you will use this scholarship.
Entries will be scored based on how compelling their storytelling capabilities are, their ability to demonstrate how the military influenced their lives, and their adherence to the essay competition rules.
1. Entrants must be able to demonstrate an appropriate connection to the military.
2. Submission will include a persuasive essay with a minimum word count of 800 words.
3. One entry per student.
4. Entries must be submitted using the form below.
5. Finalists will be notified by August 17, 2020.
6. Entries and winners may be shared via social media.