Why should I hire a Veterans Disability attorney?Hiring a veteran disability attorney increases your chances of winning. According to the VA’s most recent statistics, using a lawyer will increase your chances of winning an appeal more than using a service organization representative like Disabled American Veterans (DAV) or not using an advocate in your case at all. (Board of Veterans' Appeals Report of the Chairman Fiscal Year 2013.) We Know the Law. The laws and regulations that govern the VA are over 2,000 pages long. This doesn't even include the court case decisions and various other additional rules. We are well versed in these laws and through continuing education stay current on constant changes in the law. We write original and claim-specific legal briefs with legal arguments on why you should win. We gather the evidence.
- We have an investigator to prove in-service incidents and gather evidence.
- We obtain witness statements/affidavits.
- We work with treating physicians/experts to obtain records and detailed reports if necessary.
- We work with variety of medical and psychological experts not associated with the VA to prove a diagnosis and connection to an in- service event.
- We carefully review your VA file for evidence and mistakes and look for additional claims that were missed by the VA.
- We are responsive. We regularly stay in touch with clients and return all calls within 24 hours if possible.
Does the VA make mistakes in its decisions?
As recently as 2012, the VA's Inspector General, the auditing arm of the VA, reported that in the Cleveland VA Regional Office alone 26% of veterans disability claims were inaccurately processed. That's 1 in 4 that were incorrectly decided.