Ralph J. Bratch
Ralph Bratch is the co-founder, owner and manager of Bosley & Bratch, P.C., and is a VA certified veterans disability attorney dedicated to helping veterans in Tampa, St. Petersburg, Clearwater and nationwide obtain VA disability benefits from the VA for various disabilities including but not limited to:
- Total Disability — Total disability due to unemployability
- Mental Disabilities — Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental disorders
- Head Injuries — Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Chemical Exposure Disabilities — Agent Orange and other types of chemical exposure
- Other Disabilities — physical injuries
Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates
- Former member of Board of Directors
- Former Chairman Committee Member (former Chairman)
- Sustaining Member
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association
- The American Legion — Member
- Brain Injury Association — Member
Ralph has authorized numerous articles on various veterans, disability and litigation topics. Most recently he has lectured other lawyers and agents on the following topics:
- Introduction to VA Law – presented at the Army’s Judge Advocate General’s Legal Center and School 2017 and 2016.
- Civility: Honey v. Vinegar – presented at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) Spring Conference 2017.
- Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA) panel discussion – presented at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) Spring Conference 2015.
- VA Psychological Examinations: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly — co-presenter at the NOVA Spring 2014 Conference.
- Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA) Hearings Debate — presented at the NOVA Fall Conference 2013.
- National Guard and Reserve Disability Claims — presented at the NOVA Spring Conference 2011.
- Traumatic Brain Injury — presented at the NOVA Fall Conference 2008.
- Veterans Disability Claims — presented at the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association Spring Conference 2008.
Veterans Disability Experience & Awards
Ralph has been helping the disabled for over 25 years. His experience and awards include:
- Selected as one of The Best Lawyers in America® by other lawyers
- Featured in WFLA News Channel 8 Tampa, Newsday, Tampa Tribune and St. Petersburg Tribune, Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel and Fox13 in Tampa, Indianapolis Start, and Indiana Lawyer.
- Certified by the VA as an accredited veteran disability attorney
- Veterans Advocate — Ralph has helped hundreds of veterans obtain disability benefits who had previously been denied
- Member of the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in Washington, D.C.
- Results — See the Recent Victories to see some of Ralph’s (and other firm members) successful results
Ralph served as a judge advocate in the Army Reserve for 13 years. He spent a majority of that time as a defense lawyer defending soldiers in separations actions, many of which dealt with Soldiers dealing with PTSD and other disabilities. Ralph has served in support of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and has received numerous awards and decorations.
Volunteer Work and Charitable Causes
Ralph has sponsored, supported and participated in a number of veterans and other charities and organizations including:
- Injured Warriors Fund of Florida, LLC (Board of Directors), Largo, FL
- Fonzie Foundation (Board of Directors), Largo, FL
- Honor Flight of West Central Florida, St. Petersburg, FL
- Clearwater Threshers Military Appreciation Night, Clearwater, FL
- Armed Forces History Museum, Largo, FL
- Haley House Fund, Tampa, FL
- Public Counsel Law Center’s Center for Veterans Advancement (CVA), Los Angeles, CA
- Homeless Veterans Project, Clearwater, FL
- The Veterans Post, St. Petersburg, FL
- Amvets, Marion, IN
- HVAF (Homeless Veterans Assistance Foundation), Indianapolis, IN
- Patriot Day Prayer Breakfast, Clearwater, FL
- Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve (ESGR), Indianapolis, IN
- Vets Ride for PTSD, Fort Myers, FL
- Tampa Bay Veterans Alliance, Tampa, FL
- Tampa Bay Veterans Day Parade, Tampa FL
- Grant County Stand Down, Marion, IN
- Run For Freedom, Marion, IN
- Ball State University (BS, 1987)
- Valparaiso University School of Law (1990)
- Judge Advocate Officer’s Basic Course (2003)
- Judge Advocate Officer’s Advanced Course (2005)
- Combat Lifesaver Course (2005)
- Combined Arms and Service Staff School (CAS3) (2005)
- Taylor Poppmeier