Areas of Practice
Ralph Bratch is the co-founder, owner and manager of Bosley & Bratch, PC, and is a VA certfied veterans disability attorney dedicated to helping veterans and their dependents obtain disability and other benefits from the VA for various disabilities including:
- Total Disability - Total disability due to unemployability;
- Mental Disabilities – Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other mental disorders;
- Head Injuries – Traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Chemical Exposure Disabilities - Agent Orange related conditions;
- Other Disabilities – physical injuries.
Associations and Memberships
- National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates, Board of Directors, Seminar Committee Member, Sustaining Member
- Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims Bar Association
- The American Legion – Member
- Brain Injury Association – Member
Ralph has authorized numerous articles on various veterans, disability and litigation topics. Most recently he has lectured other lawyers and agents on the following topics:
- Retroactive Fees: An Overview & Debate To Withhold or Not Withhold – co-presented with Robert Chisholm at the National Organization fo Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) Spring 2014 Conference.
- VA Psychological Examinations: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly – co-presented with Polly Shepard, PsyD, at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) Spring 2014 Conference.
- Board of Veterans’ Appeals (BVA) Hearings Debate – presented at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) Fall Conference 2013.
- National Guard and Reserve Disability Claims – presented at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) Spring Conference 2011.
- Traumatic Brain Injury – presented at the National Organization of Veterans’ Advocates (NOVA) Fall Conference 2008.
- Veterans Disability Claims – presented at the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association Spring Conference 2008.
Veterans Disability Experience & Awards
Ralph has been helping the disabled for 24 years. His experience and awards include:
- Selected as one of The Best Lawyers in America® by other lawyers
- Featured in Newsday, Tampa Tribune and St. Petersburg Tribune and Ft. Lauderdale Sun Sentinel
- Certified by the VA as an accredited veteran disability attorney
- Lead lawyer in one of the largest disability compensatory award verdicts in history ($1.5 million) in the case of Lumbermens v. Combs, 873 N.E.2d 692 (Ind.Ct.App. 2007), trans. denied
- Veterans Advocate – Ralph has helped hundreds of veterans obtain disability benefits who had previously been denied
- Results – See the Recent Victories to see some of Ralph’s (and other firm members) successful results
- Member of the Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims in Washington, D.C.
Ralph’s military experience includes:
- Judge Advocate in the JAG Corps of the Army Reserve (12 years)
- Officer – rank of Major
- Current Unit: 154th Legal Support Organization (Trial Defense Service)
- Current Duties: Deputy Regional Defense Counsel for the Southeast Region managing approximately 10-20 judge advocates and paralegals who defend soldiers in military administrative and criminal proceedings across the United States.
- Other Duties: Counsels Soldiers with disabilities on Medical Evaluation Boards and Physical Evaluation Boards
Ralph has served in support of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and has received numerous awards and decorations including:
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal
- Army Reserve Components Achievement Medal
- National Defense Service Medal
- Armed Forces Reserve Medal with “M” device (M denotes mobilization)
Volunteer Work and Charitable Causes
Ralph currently sponsors, supports and participates in a number of veterans groups including:
- Military History Musueum
- Public Counsel Law Center’s Center for Veterans Advancement (CVA)
- Homless Veterans Project
- The Veterans Post
- HVAF (Homeless Veterans Assistance Foundation
- Patriot Day Prayer Breakfast
- Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve (ESGR)
- Vets Ride for PTSD
- Tampa Bay Veterans Alliance
- Tampa Bay Veterans Day Parade
- Grant County Stand Down
- Run For Freedom
- Ball State University (BS, 1987)
- Valparaiso Unversity School of Law (1990)
- Judge Advocate Offiicer’s Basic Course (2003)
- Judge Advocate Officer’s Advanced Course (2005)
- Combat Lifesaver Course (2005)
- Combined Arms and Service Staff School (CAS3) (2005)